Pages

January 8, 2006

I Spy Quilt

 
This is a quilt I made for my oldest DD Aine's 2nd birthday. I have been given baby quilts for both girls by a good friend who also quilts (Hi Kate!) so I gave Aine a quilt for birthday 2 and intend to do the same for DD2 Aisling. I hope to do an alphabet sampler for Aisling's quilt using novelty prints I have and probably unbleached muslin. Do you think this would work? Will be using Tonya's free-pieced letters I think... Maybe I should write myself a list of projects! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

cindyquilts said...

Dear Cathi ...
Love the quilts shown. I have been a Bonnie Hunter fan for ages now and just recently started my blog too.

I am finishing a small quilt that is a variation on one of Bonnie's patters, the bricks and corner stones. I added stepping stones and think it turned out quite nicely, as far as I have gone.

Guess this is turning into a quilt journal for me too...

Best wishes,
Cindy B.

Tonya R said...

Hi Cathi. Fun bright quilt you have here for Aine.
Your alphabet sampler project sounds like fun, tho I have to admit I wouldn't use muslin - I'm so not a fan. Are the novelty prints all bright colors? Then how about a solid in a bright color or black or white? I say that like it's easy for you to find quilting cotton, which it may not be... Besides, if you love muslin, use muslin. Make it YOUR way.

p.s. you may want to turn on your "word verification" feature so you don't get spammed.

The Calico Cat said...

Love it - I too and knee deep in "I Spy" = 1 reason why I am not hand piecing....

I too want to do those letters.... I can so see them in the border of my pieced cats quilt I just need ot get back to piecing cats...

samantha said...

That I Spy is so much fun! Welcome to quilt-blog-land!