Pages

May 21, 2011

Tagged!

I have really gotten into making tags, though I have still only completed 3 so far, each time I have a little more stash to use and have fun with! Keep going after the tags for some more quilting and knitting bits!

This is the second tag I did

I used my distress inks and the new homemade glimmer mists I concocted! I sprayed my lace a combination of a broken china/perfect pearl mist and peeled paint/gold glimmer mist and love the effect! I have a lock and key set of brads, some paper flowers (Graphic 45 stock kraft flowers), some fun fibers, a few charms from jewelry I bought hung on a garment pin... There are some new stamps used...I love the clock and ruler ones!

This is my most recent tag...
This one is using even more new stash: distress inks and glimmer mists again...Tim Holtz stamps, gorgeous black lace, a sticker from Tim Holtz Crowded Attic set, more jewelry charms and tons of fibers...there is some Basic Grey bling on it too... I am not sure what to do with these other than clip them up and look at them, lol, but I love them!

I have also done a ton of Communion invites as well...




A birthday card...
A few more birthday tshirts were made!



And to prove I still do quilt, here are some 16 patch blocks I am doing of the Rouenneries line...love this fabric... I will quilt each square one at a time and join them together...good way to practice my machine quilting without wrestling a huge quilt through...and can do different patterns on each square...
I am also producing more pairs of ballerina legwarmers...
And a friend of ours taught the girls and I to do some felted covered soaps! And they also got in on the card making excitement last week...


Somehow I also made a little doll for Aisling from a kit we bought last week too...

No rest for the weary here...getting last minute things organized for the Communion next Sunday...the girls are also doing their ballet performance for the year in the local university theatre the day before...nothing like a busy weekend! Hope to do some more papercrafting this weekend, and some knitting! Catch up with you again soon, I hope, and say hello when you can!

6 comments:

Angela said...

You have been busy. I love the doll, very cute.

Ruth's Place said...

The tags are stunning. I have a few that I use as bookmarks.

I love that doll, too cute.

anything with a needle said...

you are so busy and productive!!! I am working on a mini quilt for my doll bed and sewing for grands in between, but you are amazing with what you accomplish!

Anonymous said...

It got me worry for a minute...glad to see some quilting and knitting are still in the picture LOL Love the tags. Felted soaps are awesome, aren't they. They make terrific gifts...one last for a couple of years!!!! And you are quite a cook too--homemade concocted mists are too fun to pass up. What a fiber/crafty haven you surround yourself and the girls in! Thanks for a fiber-fun update, Cathi.

Theresa said...

Wow, busy woman! On your tags, did you buy the lace or make it? I was trying to figure out if it was tatted or not

Ger said...

Sooo many pretty things! You put me to shame, I think I spend more time planning what to buy than actually creating! Ger x.