Pages

March 4, 2013

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Chevrons


I'm excited to be posting my first reveal as a DT member for Frosted Designs!! This challenge's theme - CHEVRONS!  I am on the Monday inspiration blog posts, so my Friday inspiration you will see on a Monday!!

I used the fabulous paper collection from 13 Arts called Frosted Life, a part of the yummy kit I got in January from Scraps of Elegance. There are lots of Prima wood embellishments and a mix of Prima and Manor House flowers. The wood letters are from Pink Paislee. I used a bit of cheesecloth to give texture in the flower cluster and modeling paste and a circles mask for some background texture as well. I really enjoyed working on this and seeing that cute photo of my little girl looking back at me!!

I based this layout on the great sketch over at My Creative Sketches, love it!



The challenge runs until 14 March so why not join us!! There is even a prize up for grabs - a $20 gift voucher to spend at The Paper Trail! Wow!!


11 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

I love the soft feel of this page! The chevrons and masking are so fun and I love the flowers! =)

SandeeNC said...

I love the texture that you added to your LO, it's stunning and so is your little girl. I am looking forward to be a "Monday girl" along with you and getting to know you better! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful layout. The soft colors are beautiful! Congrats on your DT debut. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap!!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your talent with us in the very first Love To Scrap! "Anything Goes" Challenge! Such a beautiful layout!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

P.S. Not sure how I deleted my comment! Sorry!

Veronica Goh said...

Love the soft colors and textures! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

Valerie said...

Love those details on this layout.

Michelle McClure said...

What a totally fab layout! The soft colors and florals are so perfect together. Thanks for playing along with Love to Scrap!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous Cathi...love your page! Love the soft colouring and chevrons!

Cherished said...

Beautiful Page Cathi! Thanks for joining us at Loves to scrap!