Pages

October 31, 2013

Create With Your Soul Canvas - Thursday DT Post for Visible Image Stamps


This week I made a canvas focusing on the Classic Face and Create With Your Soul stamps. I stamped the two stamps onto white cardstock using Archival Ink in Sepia, then sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Breakfast Club Blue to tone in with the canvas. I misted the canvas with Breakfast Club Blue and Ponderosa Pines Olive, making drips and splats and generally having fun building up the layers. When I was happy with the background I glued the Classic Face and sentiment stamps down and then had fun playing with flowers, metal pieces and wooden cogs, building up around the edges of the canvas.


I learned a lot of this technique from classes taken with Finnabair, but for this one I completely covered all the embellishments (except the fun lightbulb!) in gesso. This gave me the textures of the items and not the colors and I was able to go in with my sprays and use a paintbrush to paint on more color. I really love the texture this brings to the canvas!!  For the background, I used the gorgeous Ripped Fishnet stamp and my all around favorite script stamp Bronte Border to add more depth and detail to the canvas.



I really love how this turned out and I hope you enjoyed looking! If you like any of the stamps, simply click on the link or image to head to the shop. Today is the last day to enjoy FREE worldwide shipping on your order, so hop on over!!


Visible Image also run a challenge each month on their blog. Today is the last day!!!
This month the theme is:
Use a Visible Image Sentiment stamp on a project and link it up, easy peasy,
and you could win £20 of your choice of Visible Image gorgeousness!
Join us over at our fan page on Facebook or join our GROUP!
This month if you load a Visible Image project you've created in the group,
you also have a chance at another £20 prize, you have to be in it to win it though,
so I hope you have a look at the site and get some stamps and join in.

   
  

Visible Image will be at the Hobbycraft Show 
at the NEC 7-10 November!
Visit Stand G47 to see their gorgeous stamps in person
and see what great show discounts they have!!!

3 comments:

Gisèle said...

wow very interesting canvas...new style for you; you amaze me with your continuous courage to create and grow....good on you..xooxox

Gisèle said...

I adore this piece....love your use of gesso...simply stunning !!!

Monica said...

I love this. Those keys are my fave!!!