Pages

January 23, 2014

Love is in the Air! A card and tag from the the Frosted Designs January kit!


I am back again today with a few more projects using the January Kit from Frosted Designs: Love is in the Air!! This kit is full of gorgeous papers and embellies and I will be back again this month with another layout or two to show you!

The first project I will show you is my card. I featured the gorgeous Maya Road Linen Heart. I started with the gorgeous Authentique Smitten Written paper as a base and stitched along the edges. I then centered my beautiful linen heart next. The glittery "love" heart I made using an adhesive sheet and my distress glitters!! There will be a tutorial on how to make these glitter embellisments using a mask and some glitter at the end of my post.

There are some more gorgeous Petaloo flowers on the card, a Kaisercraft wood flag, some of the gorgeous die cut pieces from the Teresa Collins You are My Happy range, and that luscious pink chiffon ribbon! I finished it off with three little goosebump jewels.


My tag is laden with goodies from the kit! I started with the sheet of pink Teresa Collins You Are My Happy Noted paper. I layered a die cut tag and got the I love you to peek through the heart shaped window on the tag! You can see a Maya Road Kraft Tag, a Jillybean Soup flashcard, another gorgeous Teresa Collins You Are My Happy flowery die cut and some more Petaloo flowers building up my tag. Another glittery masked heart embellishment is part of the layers! I sprayed a bit of the Bubblegum Dylusions mist, added a few goosebumps and put a bit of twine winding around my tag that I took from my stash. I added more of the pink chiffon ribbon and twine on the tag to finish it off.

Want to see how to do the glittery heart embellishments? It is fun and simple!!

Masked Glitter Embellishments

To make your glitter embellishment you need an adhesive sheet of cardstock. I have some adhesive sheets I purchased, but I was also able to make my own sheets using some scrap cardstock and my Xyron sticker maker. Just make sure that the entire surface of the card has some dry adhesive.


Next place your mask over the adhesive sheet. You can cover the back of the stencil in Perfect Medium or Versamark to help the stencil lift from the adhesive sheet when you are done.


First add the main color for your heart shapes. I added my Picked Raspberry Distress Glitter from the kit, using the great heart mask also included in the messy option of the kit!Be sure to rub your fingers over the glitter to make sure it is adhered well!


Remove the mask and then simply take the Rock Candy Distress Glitter and pour over the whole sheet, it will cover the parts of sheet that were covered by the mask. You then cut around the heart shapes and you have a cute glittery embellishment to add to your project. I added one to both my card and the tag!



1 comment:

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing your sparkly technique :)