Pages

January 3, 2014

Our Friendship is Tailormade: A Card for Creative Expressions


This month we have some gorgeous stamps to work with, some fun handbag stamps, and some gorgeous A5 Umount Antique Dressform stamps!! This week I decided to take out my dress form stamps and my Tim Holtz paper stash which features some great sewing papers and make a rather clean and simple card (for me, anyway!!).

I used the yummy Crowded Attic Paper Stash by Tim Holtz and chose the very appropriate sewing papers for this card. I edged them all with gorgeous Summer Blue Gilding Wax. Creative Expressions has a new formula for their gilding waxes, and though they were great before, they are even easier to apply now!

I used Perfect Medium and Detail Black Embossing Powder to stamp a gorgeous antique dressform onto the Spellbinders Labels 4 die cut. I tied some black bakers twine around the die cut and hung a gorgeous key from it, the lifted it up on the backing paper using foam tape. I stamped the sentiment "Our friendship is tailormade" with Jet Black Archival Ink. I finished it off with some stitching around the card's edge.

Simple, but I just love the stamp and the colors of the card. I hope you like it too!!

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crowded Attic Paper Stash Assorted Key Charms pk 18Bakers Twine Black/White 50yds 5 rolls
Spellbinder Die Lables Four Nestabilities  Umount Antique Dressforms A5 Stamp Plate  Creative Expressions Gilding Wax Summer Blue

Perfect Medium Pad Clear   Cosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder Black  Archival Ink Pad Black Large



3 comments:

Lynne J said...

great card, Cathi! Love the twine and stitching!

Kim Robertson said...

I love this one Cathi really cool. soooo nice. well done girl. Kim xx

Monica said...

super cool. great twine.