Pages

January 26, 2014

Shabby Chic Vintage Card


Hi! Cathi here! This week I wanted to use some of my gorgeous glimmer cardstock to make a shabby vntage card with my new embossing folders and dies released at CHA!! I had the most amazing time visiting CHA this year and working one afternoon at the Couture Creations stand. Was great to get to meet some of the Australian DT in person!! I have a  few layouts planned for February with the new Secret Treasures releases, so many beautiful designs!!!!


To start my card I used a base of green glimmer cardstock and emboss it with the beautiful The Harmony Asian Wave Embossing Folder.


Next I layer my card with the beautiful Madeline Les Fleurs Die. In the cut out center of the die cut I added a beautiful vintage image of a woman I had.


I add some yummy keys from the Madeline Keys to My Heart Die.


I antiqued my card I used a very simple technique of adding gesso. It highlighted the raised edges of the embossed pattern, and when I coated the edges and random spots on the doily and key die cuts it added a really antiqued peeling whitewash paint effect to card, I just love how effective it looks!


To finish off the card I added a vintage seam binding double bow on the keys and some Couture Creations Self Adhesive Pearls on the doily. Simply done, but very textured and elegant effect.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you like the project!! 

  

2 comments:

SiódmyAnioł said...

Piękna kartka! Cudne, delikatne kolory.

Ita said...

Hi love this card
Ita