Pages

February 26, 2014

Cherish Good Times: A Layout for Frosted Designs February Shades of Spring Kit


This week I have done another ballet themed layout. I just had to!! I hadn't used the May Arts Tutu Tulle trim in the kit yet!! I've used it here to make....a tutu, lol, and the trim and ribbon for my tag!

For this layout I used lots of goodies from the kit, making my own tag as an embellishment and main part of my layout! I was able to use the Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade from the kit long with the Juniper Adirondack paint dabber and the yummy Dot Fade stencil from Tim Holtz.  My tutorial this month will show you how to create a great layered background on your tag using an emboss distress technique along with some water spritzing and stencil and molding paste work.


To start with, take some white card, Versamark, and your Kaisercraft Sheet Music background stamp, which you can find here in the Frosted Designs store.


Ink the stamp up with Versamark and then emboss it using the gorgeous Orbit Olive Gold Embossing Powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang.


Using the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, add the colors using your applicator foam. I mixed the two colors together as well to get a lovely orange shade that toned in well with the Basic Grey Fresh Cut papers in the kit. Give a little wipe over the embossed areas to clean away the distress ink and make the stamped image stand out even more.


Add some drops of water for a very cool effect on the distress inks!!! The water drops effectively bleach out the colors of the distress ink and really add texture to the background.


For a finishing touch to the tag I added some molding paste using the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil included in the kit. I thin added the Tutu Tulle Trim to the bottom and as an accent on the top of the tag. The tag is now ready to add to the layout.


I used several different sheets of the gorgeous Basic Grey Fresh Cut paper, cutting out a doily shape with my Mini-8 punch for the layer behind the tag and adding some fussy cut flowers from another sheet. I added some of the raw wooden pieces here, as they didn't need any embellishment and added another color and texture to the design.  Here you can see where I fussy cut my daughter Aine in a ballet pose and added a 3D tutu to her using the gorgeous May Arts Tutu Tulle.


I added some stickers from the Fresh Cut sticker sheet included in the kit and added some gorgeous Kaisercraft blooms to the cluster and the some Petaloo pink hydrangea blossoms from the January kit!!

I also used the Tim Holtz dot fade stencil and molding paste to add gorgeous texture to the background page. I love how the tag blends the colors from the other papers and creates a backdrop for my photo! I hope you like it!



Thank you so much for stopping by!!




3 comments:

Ann said...

Very pretty soft colors; lovely!

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful tag, love the colors!

misty said...

I really love this! Its so pretty and whimsical!