Pages

August 23, 2014

Past Generations Layout for Meg's Garden


For my first project I am using The Gentlemen Collection. The main paper I selected was A Gentleman's Automobile. The image I used is an actual family photo of my Great Grandfather, John Jones. This is a photo taken of him that just perfectly matches the paper!! I couldn't wait to use this photo when I saw the gorgeous design.


In the close up above you can see some gorgeous Megs Garden products!! I just love the amazing Meg's Garden Vintage Trinket Drawer Pull and Knobs! I think they really add a great edge to the masculine layout.   I used the 10 cm Paper Doily underneath the photo and added a gorgeous black and gray
Silk & Organza Primula, two Latte Heirloom Flowers, and the lovely little Ivory and Chocolate Small Roses. I cut my Camel Mesh Ribbon in half to make a thinner ribbon to turn into a bow, the other half of the ribbon I tucked under the photo in a few areas for texture!



I used the vintage ads from the A Gentlemen's Ephemera - Cut & Create to layer under the photo, I just love that one of the vintage ads mentions St. Louis, that is where my Great Grandfather lived and where the photo was taken!! Perfect!!! I added some molding paste, masking, stamping and some simple alphas to finish off my layout and even used some strong Irish tea to color in my background!!

I really enjoyed creating my first project for Meg's Garden and hope that you liked it!!

Supplies from Meg's Garden:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

That photo image is perfectly suited for the papers and embellies! Gorgeous page and you're so lucky to have that photo!

Dolly B said...

Beautiful vintage layout and a amazing photo !
Mary

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful! Those papers suit your photo perfectly! Looks really lovely!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic details, its a winderful layout.
Yvonne