Pages

December 24, 2014

Melancholy for Megs Garden


Hope your Christmas Eve is wonderful. I am back again with a layout featuring the gorgeous Meg's Garden French Garden Collection.  I chose the beautiful Le Jardin paper from the collection to make my base, using some gorgeous cut outs from the cut and create paper.


For this layout I chose a modern photo of my gorgeous younger daughter Aisling! She hates to get her photo taken, so I find I scrap my elder daughter more for sheer numbers of photos I have. I wish Aisling would let me take her photo more, but this is often the face I get, or the back of her head as she runs away!! I still think she looks beautiful though, even with this sad face.  

Above you can see the photo cluster set on a base of a 15cm Paper Doily, using the cut outs from the Cut and Create paper as layers as well. I have used the Extra Long Filigree Vintage Trinket, cut in half and placed in two areas on my layout. The gorgeous ribbon came from the Temptations in Green bundle that Meg offers! Here you can also see the Meg's Garden Paper Lilies and Pink and Cream Open Paper Roses.


This second flower cluster show the gorgeous butterfly I cut out from the A4 Butterflies Transparency. The butterfly is perched on the gorgeous Ivory Poppy and I again used the Extra Long Filigree Vintage Trinket and Pink and Cream Open Paper Roses.


For my background I used a mask and modeling paste to add texture then added mists for color and splatters. I added a script stamp to the background then finished it off with some stitching around the edges.

I love how the layout turned out and hope you enjoyed having a look, the French Garden papers are just stunning!!

Supplies from Meg's Garden:



Supplies from Stash:
Mask
Modeling Paste
Mist
Stamp
Alpha

No comments: