Pages

April 12, 2016

April Projects for Blue Fern Studios


Hello friends! I'm here with two more projects for April! I am a little later this month as I was feeling very ill the last two weeks, and have nearly shaken the flu off, but it is still stubbornly lingering!! Once I felt better again I was able to finish off my projects and this first one is one of my favorites!

My daughter was in her first regional youth ballet performance last weekend. I took my cough drops and antibiotics with me and I watched her and the company perform some beautiful classical ballet pieces and contemporary pieces. She looks so elegant and so grown up in this photo, I just had to use it for a layout this month! The base page is the gorgeous Fondness paper from the Blush collection.


I used several cutouts from the Blush Calling Cards paper to tuck in underneath my photo, inking the edges in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Here you can see where I used the gorgeous Imagine Ink Snow and Lime Embossing Powders on the gorgeous Dare to Dream chipboard piece and Fancy Fob Watch piece. I also added some touches of Imagine Ink Cotton Candy Embossing Powder, a favorite of mine!


I have added some gorgeous Courtship Blooms and Roses along with some flowers from my stash. Again you can see the gorgeous Imagine Ink Lime, Snow, and Cotton Candy embossing powders on the fob chain.


To finish off my layout I used several stamp sets: Forever, Halftone, and Essential Textures using Walnut Stain and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains.

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Fondness
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Dare to Dream
Fancy Fob Watch

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Snow
Lime
Cotton Candy

Stamps:
Forever
Essential Textures
Halftone


My next layout features the Serendipity collection and a photo of my great grandmother! I love to use actual vintage family photos of my own family and find this communion photo beautiful! For the base of this page I have used Serendipity Chronicle paper.


I cut the gorgeous Floral Spray chipboard piece and tucked it in under and around my photos. I colored the chipboard with the Imagine Ink Verdant embossing powder. You can also see some cut out pieces tucked in around the photo from the Serendipity Calling Cards page. 


I used a lot of beautiful flowers from my stash and also tucked in two green Courtship Blooms. Again I took the Imagine Ink Verdant Embossing Powder and colored in the Reminisce chipboard from the Serendipity Words 2 set.  I did a lot of background stamping using the Essential Textures, Texture Circles and Forever stamp sets.


My final little chipboard I added was this adorable bird from the All Natural set that I tucked in my flower cluster. I used Imagine Ink Buttercup embossing powder to color in the little bird. I love it!

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection~Chronicle
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity  Collection~Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Floral Spray
Serendipity Words 2
All Natural Set

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Verdant
Buttercup

Stamps:
Forever
Essential Textures
Texture Circles


No comments: