Pages

November 19, 2016

6x12 layouts and Project Life Spread for the Claudia Kit at the Scrappery!


I'd love to share with you this week two 6x12 layouts and accompanying Project Life Spreads that I have made with the gorgeous Claudia Scrappery kits!  These kits are full of goodies from Pinkfresh Studios Indigo Hill range and lots of amazing extras put together by Ronelle, our fearless and talented leader/kit club owner!  My daughter got her first character role with a production her youth ballet did in October, the Dormouse in a modern version of Alice in Wonderland!  I did this first layout with a photo of her her as the maid/dormouse with Alice, I thought it was such a pretty photo and wanted to get her in both her costumes (you can't see it in the photo too well but the maid still has her mouse nose and whiskers and her tail!).


I absolutely love this paper with the half circles, so elegant and fun at the same time. In this close up yu can see some of the splashes I did and a lot of layers made with Project Life cards, tabs and papers from Indigo Hills.  I love the wooden clips included in the Bits and Pieces Kit (BPK) and I added one here to my layers. You can also see some of the ephemera and a wooden heart from J. Corbett Creations wood veneers. The veneers, the floral washi tape and the ephemera can also be found in the Bits and Pieces Kit!


Here you can get a good closeup of the photo along with more wood clips which I cut down to be embellishments by snipping off the clip parts! The beautiful die cut is from the Ephemera packet and here you can see lots of sequins and chipboard hearts being used from the Scrappery Kit (TSK) the main kit.


In my final close up of the layout you can see the pompom trim I added from the main Scrappery Kit and the You are capable of amazing things comes from the ephemera pack in the BPK.

Here is how my Project Life spread and the layout look together in my album, I added a bit of the wide washi from the Bits and Pieces kit to finish off the look:


I really enjoyed adding in the tickets from the show and some more action shots of my daughter performing. Once upon a time she was quite shy onstage, she was Alice in her schools own production and while she danced that at age 11 just fine, she wasn't embracing and acting out the role, whereas she really took on this character now at 13 with a great deal of enjoyment! It was great to see her really perform onstage. She has been in love with dance since she was 8 and dancing since she was 4, she eats sleeps and breathes it!


Here is a closeup of the pocket that held the tickets we kept. It was great to have these as part of the memory keeping. I used my tiny attacher to staple the tickets onto the paper and then used alphas from all three kits to make my title!


I love this rubber charm that says hello today, so I kept that pocket simple and just used one of the Project Life 3x4 papers as a background and added the rubber tag.  The photo of Aine and her friend is great, they look like they are having so much fun! I thought the wooden Fun shape from the Pretty Little Kit (PLK) was perfect for this photo pocket and the ephemera from the collection "hmmm.... YES!" they both seemed to fit perfectly.


My daughter seems to be defying gravity in this photo. I added a fun collage with a chipboard heart and rubber charm from the main Scrappery Kit and the ephemera piece "enjoy" from the BPK. I really do heart this one!! I finished off the collage with more staples from my tiny attacher.


Thank goodness for my daughter's ballet company taking loads of photos, I have become worse at documenting our kids lives as they've gotten older. My youngest especially refuses at most times to even let me take her photo. Luckily the ballerina isn't camera shy so I can usually find some photos to document.  Macnas is a parade here in Ireland, very interactive with lots of performers and large papier mache type creatures...it is always at Halloween time and her youth ballet company are always part of it.  She was chosen this year to do the parade both in Galway where their company is based and in the capital city, Dublin, she and her fellow dancers were a pack of wolves and I just love how the photos turned out!!


In this first close up you can see I used the yellow doily from the TSK main kit as the base of my photo cluster. I tucked in a few bits of paper scraps under the photo and added another wooden clip. YOu can also see the gold glittery title  I made using Thickers from the main kit.


Here you can see the twine I used from the Pretty Little Kit's Pretty Little Pieces set, which also includes the sequins added here. I added some ephemera and and more chipboard hearts to add detail. Look at my baby girls leg, goodness me, how does it get up that high!


I finished off the layout with the "every day has a story" ephemera piece and the moments captured with love.

Here is how the layout and Project Life page fit together. I love these photos. The girls seems to be having a great time interacting with the crowds.I added some of the blue washi from the main kit to holes area again.


It took a while to confirm, but the shoes and the red hair make this definitely a photo of my daughter! I love the smiles on the girls faces she is interacting with!  I've used another wood veneer here from J. Corbett Creations, a wooden hear, chipboard heart and some sequins. I love the ephemera piece "this way for cool vibes".


On the left I selected a great photo from the parade of one of the Papier Mache creatures. You can see the little boy in the bottom of the photo to get perspective on how amazing these creatures were.  I added the "fun" resin piece to this phot and a half circle ephemera piece, adding a few staples from my tiny attacher. The next 3x4 pocket used a piece of paper from the PLK and a rubber sticker from the main kit. I added a bit of journaling here about the performances. Aine wasn't chosen for any extra performing opportunities last year and she really wanted to do this one. She was so proud of her herself for auditioning and getting the chance to do this. Well done my little girl!


I love my final photo in the spread, all the wolves that made their way to Dublin for the second night's performance. The grey resin piece that says memories fit perfect, as well as the "amazing" wood veneer. I used a a label made by Claudia Van Rooijen for our kits to add the location and date stamping.

There are still a few of the kits available in the shop you can find them here: http://the-scrappery-kit-club.myshopify.com/collections/all/current-kits.

No comments: